- Don’t think about features and competitors. Think about the market and customers.
- Manage the product team, and don’t create silos.
- Status reports on time with the honest truth and challenges
- Owns the product strategy, not individual features
- Does not over delegates, thinks broadly and delegates the pieces of complete picture
- Asks lot of questions – both detailed level to soldiers and broad level to executives
- Sets clear Objectives and gives clear feedback
- Discusses with executives on a regular basis on strategy, not on direction and execution inputs. They lack the time on follow on ideas, their inputs are directional not mandatory
- Executives know what not to do, but don’t know what to do
- Executives can verify that a plan is good, but cannot dictate a good plan.
- Knows how to get buyoff from organization and marketing, keeps everyone informed.
March 30, 2023